- Youth association for future
- War disables,widows and orphan lok odhiei organization
- Natalina community based organzation
- Ping Dong youth association
- CSI international representatives
Aheu Dit Women Group, South Sudan:
cell:+254 787 395 780,+249 914 761 009
World Fuel from Waste Day 2012 #WFfWDay – 28th May – Events list
Follow us on Twitter @fuelfromwaste and #WFfWDay
The Sudan event adds to the 5 events around Kenya and 1 in London.
The Kenya and UK events are:
1. The YUPO (Young Potential) Club, associated with the ‘White Charcoal’ Group in Dandora, will be running briquetting demonstrations and training.
The event will be held in Dandora.
White Charcoal Group
Contact – Felix Owuonda: email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @FelixOwuonda
2. The Recovery and Hope Ministeries will be running briquetting demonstrations and training.
The event will be held in Ongata Rongai.
The Recovery and Hope Ministeries
Contact – Francis Kiilu: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Community Action for Nature-Githunguri – CAN G (a program under the Youths Climate Change Adaptation Network) will be running an event focusing on biogas. They will be demonstrating the techniques used in generating biogas from the school’s toilets and those used by local farmers who are using biogas generated from cow dung.
The event will be held at – Mama Ngina Primary School, Kinoo, Westlands.
Contact – George Gituanja: email@example.com
4. Seminars, demonstrations and training of briquetting and stove production techniques and machinery in Nairobi.
Consisting of video shows of the Alfastar Development Association and Fuel from Waste work, couple with live demonstrations of motorized and piston manual presses, and a range of stoves.
5. Seminars, demonstrations and training of briquetting and stove production techniques and machinery in Limuru.
Consisting of video shows of the Alfastar Development Association and Fuel from Waste work, couple with live demonstrations of motorized and piston manual presses, and a range of stoves
The Alfastar Development Association will facilitate both events.
Contact – Ruth Githaiga: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. A ‘Systems Jam’ – live development (through service ecology mapping) of new ways to link up technology (eg mobile banking, mobile apps, sms text services, solar systems, more) with community and individual briquette/sustainable energy initiatives and businesses.
Using the experience of the redLoop team, invited experts and Design students to generate ideas through service ecology mapping, to help expand and extend empowerment and community development, through sustainable energy, to more people.
RedLoop – the mdx design and innovation centre: http://redloopdesign.com
Contact – Wyn Griffiths: email@example.com
Get in contact if you want to join in with existing events.
Or, you can set up your own.
This could be as small as a briquetting or solar experiment in your home or school; a planting event in your community; a local waste gathering and sorting session; a creative concepting session in your studio – or many more – be creative and let us know.